The International Food, Wine & Travel Writers AssnTM Excellence in Journalism Award, launched on January 1, 2015, recognizes superior performance by journalists. This is a self-nomination program.
- Complete and submit the “Excellence in Journalism Nomination Form.”
- Submit a published article or blog post on the subject of food, wine, travel, or any combination thereof that was published between 11/30/2020 and 11/30/2022.
- Administrative fee per entry is $20/member and $25/non-member payable when article is submitted for consideration.
- No limit to the number of entries a journalist may submit in a given year.
- Losing entries may be resubmitted in subsequent years.
- Nominations must be received between November 30, 2022 and December 21, 2022.
Each entry is carefully and objectively evaluated by the IFWTWA Awards Committee using established evaluation criteria. The evaluation includes the following:
- Technical elements: grammar, spelling, punctuation
- Originality and creativity in the treatment of a subject
- Clarity and structure of the composition
- Accuracy of facts and details
• Cash prize
• Award announcement in PRESS PASS and across all IFWTWA social media outlets
• Excellence in Journalism Award certificate presented by the President of IFWTWA
The number of awards given in a year is at the discretion of the IFWTWA Awards Committee.