IFWTWA Media Trip
Explore Pensacola, Florida – The Way to Beach™
September 11-14, 2023
Visit Pensacola is excited to welcome IFWTWA members to experience The Way to Beach™ from Monday, Sept. 11 – Thursday, Sept. 14. While most travelers are enticed by its over 40-miles of sugar white sand beaches and emerald-green water, it’s the destination’s lesser-known features that truly make it shine. Founded in 1559, Pensacola is America’s First Settlement. Rich in over 460-years of history, Pensacola boasts a walkable downtown, the “Big 5” – that is an accredited ballet, opera, symphony, theatre, and art music—as well as world-class dining, a gamut of outdoor activities and trails, and strong military attractions like the U.S. Navy Blue Angels flight demonstration squadron and the National Naval Aviation Museum.
Press trip attendees will have the opportunity to explore and enjoy world-class beaches and spectacular sunsets, explore over 460-years of history including the America’s First Settlement Trail, Historic Pensacola Village, Fort Pickens and the Gulf Islands National Seashore, sample the destination’s official beverage – a Bushwhacker- a frosty, boozy milkshake–and taste test fresh seafood and culinary anomalies among so much more.
What Pensacola Seeks from Media Participants
In exchange for a hosted press visit to the sunny coastal destination of Pensacola, Fla., Visit Pensacola is looking to coordinate visits for traditional media who can confirm coverage of the destination within six months of their visit for their designated outlet(s), with coverage topics ranging from travel, lifestyle, food & beverage, adventure/outdoor, arts/culture, sporting events and trade.
It is preferred that any/all coverage feature as many destination partners as possible as outlined on the confirmed itinerary, including accommodations, dining, experiences, destination history, and more.
Any/all applicants should contribute to publication(s) whose focuses and audiences align with the destination and its offerings.
Terms and Conditions:
- Open to hosting up to four people.
- Must have a story assignment within 6 months of hosting.
- Due to this being a group press trip, travel companions or plus ones cannot be accommodated at this time.
- Lodging, dining, and experiences provided. Up to $500 in travel allowances to and from the destination.
- Applications open on Monday, June 12, must be submitted by July 3 (three weeks to submit)
- Applications reviewed by Media Trips Committee until July 7
- Vetted applications sent to Pensacola by July 10
- Pensacola notifies Media Trips Committee of its choices no later than July 24.
- Media Trips Committee notifies all applicants of their status by July 26.
- Pensacola takes over trip coordination on July 27.