Greater Fort Lauderdale is the perfect place for fun in the sun. The region ranges from 24 miles of beaches along Florida’s southeastern coast all the way to the Everglades. The destination is as diverse in population and welcoming spirit as it is in things to do, offering something for Everyone Under the Sun. Greater Fort Lauderdale encompasses 31 diverse municipalities, each having their own unique and welcoming flavor.
Waterfront dining can be enjoyed overlooking the ocean or the area’s 300 miles of inland waterways. It’s easy to see why the area is known as both the “Venice of America” and the “Yachting Capital of the World.” Both on the water and inland, there are many options to experience the more than 4,000+ eateries, craft breweries, rooftop bars and compelling attractions in Greater Fort Lauderdale.
Writers participating in the two-day media trip in Greater Fort Lauderdale may find themselves enjoying a dock-and-dine experience, arriving by the famous Fort Lauderdale Water Taxi or private boat at a waterfront restaurant, or sipping from a flight of craft brews from a local brewery/distillery. In addition to Greater Fort Lauderdale’s dining scene, writers may visit the historic Bonnet House Museum & Gardens, explore outer space or the ocean at the Museum of Discovery and Science, or learn about the influence of Caribbean culture at the Island Space Museum.
Transportation will be provided from the IFTWTA conference in St. Petersburg to Fort Lauderdale to begin the press trip. Hotel and restaurant information is tentative and will be confirmed later.
IFWTWA Writers in Attendance:
- Why A Water Taxi Is The Best Way To Get Around Fort Lauderdale by Robin Smith
- 11 Warm Places To Visit In March 2023 by Amy Piper
- 11 Fantastic Restaurants With A Water View In Fort Lauderdale by Robin Smith
- Sistrunk Marketplace by Kathleen Walls
- Using the Water Taxi to Get Around Fort Lauderdale by Gail Clifford
- Wander with Wonder at the Museum of Discovery and Science Fort Lauderdale by Gail Clifford
- The Wharf Experience – Fort Lauderdale by Gail Clifford
- El Vez Restaurant – Fort Lauderdale by Gail Clifford
- Shooters Waterfront Restaurant – Fort Lauderdale by Gail Clifford
- Planta Queen Restaurant – Fort Lauderdale, FL by Gail Clifford
- Top Hat Delicatessen – Great Place to Eat in Fort Lauderdale by Gail Clifford
- Sistrunk Marketplace and Brewery by Gail Clifford