Following the International Food Wine and Travel Writers Association’s marketing conference in St. Petersburg, a small selection of attendees will get the opportunity to spend a couple days exploring the breathtaking Sarasota County. During their culinary exploration within the destination, they will get a chance to experience a wide variety of cuisines from a bevy of local restaurants. This includes 1592, a modern Mediterranean restaurant and bar; Daiquiri Deck, a vibrant oyster and seafood spot offering live music and can’t miss frozen daiquiris; and Rise & Nye’s, an amazing coffee and ice cream shop staffed by people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to inspire inclusion for everyone.
The selected attendees will also get the opportunity to see some of Sarasota County’s most popular attractions during the post-conference trip. Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium is an independent, nonprofit, marine research organization open year-round full of manatees, sharks, sea turtles, otters and more! The Marie Selby Botanical Gardens is a 15-acre botanical garden with bayfront sanctuaries focused on connecting people with air plants of the world, native nature, and regional history.
IFWTWA Writers in Attendance:
- Indoor Oceans: Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium by Debbra Dunning Brouillette
- Visit Sarasota Florida for Its “Beaches and Beyond!” by Debbra Dunning Brouillette
- Sarasota Culinary Crossing – print by Stacey Wittig
- Sarasota Culinary Crossing – online version by Stacey Wittig
- Video: Sarasota, Florida’s Jewel of the Gulf by Scott Kendall
- Sarasota, Florida’s Jewel of the Gulf by Scott Kendall
- The Best Breakfast in Florida Worth Waking Up For by Stacey Wittig