Located on the world-renowned Mississippi River, the Quad Cities is a vibrant, bi-state family of communities with a rich history and a great variety of authentic experiences. The Quad Cities is a must-see, regional destination filled with rich, unique history and driven by People, Partnerships and Personality.
Whether it’s watching a sunset, with a drink in hand, from a rooftop bar that overlooks the Mississippi River, taking in the culture that makes up the Quad Cities at summer festivals, or taking a bike ride along the riverbank on a crisp fall, morning, you’ll love this destination.
Apply now to be selected as one of five participants. Start exploring and indulge in the many diverse experiences and adventures that await you on our bend of the Mississippi River, through tours, museums, special events, shopping districts, and other attractions that have become favorites among visitors and local Quad Citizens.
The qualification process has two parts. The first requires an online application found on the IFWTWA Website. Please read all the rules and guidelines prior to submitting your application. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applications are due June 1, 2022. Your application will be reviewed by the Media Trips Committee by June 30 based on the application you fill out and an up-to-date profile. Qualified candidate’s applications will then be sent on to (step two) the Quad Cities CVB on July 1, 2022 for final selection. All candidates will be notified of trip acceptance on or about mid-July.
If you are selected for this media trip, your cost will be $50. This money goes directly to support the income goals of this organization. No money goes to the host or IFWTWA coordinators. Activity and restaurant tips are generally paid for by the host, however, you may want to bring additional money to tip other entities such as the hotel maid service.
IFWTWA Writers in Attendance:
- Gluten-free Guide to the Quad Cities by Mary Farah
- Five Must Try Restaurants in the Quad Cities by Mary Farah
- My 10 Favorite Restaurants To Experience In Davenport, Iowa by Robin Smith
- It’s Oktoberfest Season by Kathryn A. Barnett
- Open House at Cinnamon Ridge Farm by Kathryn A. Barnett
- The Whimsical, Wonderful, Unexpected Art of Davenport, Iowa by Jim Farber
- Eat Your Way Through the Quad Cities by Jim Farber
- These Mississippi Towns Offer Real Surprises by Jim Farber
- Where It All Began – In The Quad Cities by Kathryn A. Barnett
- The Crane and Pelican, Riverboat Twilight & More: Last Day in the Quad Cities by Mary Farah
- From Arsenal Island to Whitey’s Ice Cream: Day Four in the Quad Cities by Mary Farah
- Davenport and LeClaire: Day Three in the Quad Cities by Mary Farah
- A First Full Day in the Quad Cities (and Lots of John Deere) by Mary Farah
- Arriving to the Quad Cities by Mary Farah
- Review of Axis Hotel in Moline, Illinois by Robin Smith