IFWTWA members continually grow in this fascinating business of writing, photographing, and sharing about food, wine, and travel. The International Food, Wine & Travel Writers AssnTM is proud to offer our members the following learning opportunities.
— Registration Open —
Pro Perspectives — Videos On-Demand
Pro Perspectives is a series of member-produced videos approximately six minutes in length that focus on professional development topics for travel, wine and food professionals. If you are interested in becoming a content creator, contact Dave Nershi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective use of videos and photography can transport your readers to a raft racing down a Slovenian river, on a walk through an English castle, or to any destination.
Join writer Scott Kendall and learn insider tips to elevate your stories and posts to garner wider readership and elevate your craft.
About Scott Kendall: Scott Kendall is Editor of PlayStayEat.com as well as a freelance travel writer, photographer, and videographer based in The Woodlands, Texas. He has traveled extensively throughout the US and Europe, including several trips to Italy, Germany, Slovenia, Croatia, England, and France. In addition to writing for PlayStayEat, Scott has written for EuropeUpClose, Epicurean Traveler, Food Wine Travel Magazine, International Living, Miles Geek, Touring Bird, Airguides, Travel and Talk, and other publications. His published work and videos can be seen at PlayStayEat.com and ScottKendallTravels.com, and he can be reached at email@example.com. Scott is a member of IFWTWA and SATW.
Solid Gold Videos
- Scheduling Tools to Keep you on Track with Social Media by Joy Steinberg
- How to Break into Big Magazines with John Owens by John Owens
- 2 Minute Tips: Who to Follow on Social Media by Kathleen Walls
- 2 Minute Tips: Growing your Social Media by Betsi Hill
- Learning Twitter with Chef Dennis Part 1: Twitter Lists by Dennis Littley
- Learning Twitter with Chef Dennis Part 2: Buffer by Dennis Littley
- Learning Twitter with Chef Dennis Part 3: Share Groups by Dennis Littley
- Learning Twitter with Chef Dennis Part 4: Meet Edgar! by Dennis Littley
IFWTWA Certificate Course — in development
What better source of travel, wine and food knowledge than IFWTWA and its accomplished members? This project is in the planning phase. The courses will be delivered through an online education learning platform. Those who successfully finish the course will receive a certificate of completion.
If you are interested in contributing to any of our projects or joining the Professional Development Committee, please contact Dave Nershi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional E-learning links
We’ve gathered a few links to information we think you’ll find useful:
- NEW: How to Copyright Your photography and Why You Really Should
- The Ultimate Guide to Repurposing Content: 12 Ways to Extend the Life of Every Article You Write
- 7 Killer ways to Repurpose Blog Content [Cheat Sheet]
- Media Kits for Writers: A Beginner’s Guide
- Tips for using ZOOM & Video Calls:
- How to Make a YouTube Video Beginner’s Guide
- What is an Influencer? 2020 Benchmark Report
- The World of Travel Writing – Noreen Kompanik on Big Blend Radio
- Online Safety Tips for Travelers – Tom Talleur on Big Blend Radio
- Tourism Branding – Chuck Pettis on Big Blend Radio